Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 11 of Michelle in Belize

Today I overslept, not by much, but I had to find my own way to work. I went off the beaten path just a little, but I made it. In the 2nd grade class the student teacher was doing an activity involving letters from her NC classroom; the students loved reading the letters. I did have a meat pie and horchata (rice milk) for breakfast at the school. The observations were interesting and most students were engaged, but there was some "sit-and-get" in the upper standards, but there was still good conversation going on. The chart below is an example of a classroom management technique presented in the professional development yesterday.



I had not visited the high school, so after lunch one of the other doctoral students and myself decided to go observe. There was no AC, but classrooms had ceiling fans and a nice breeze from the ocean. The students were very friendly and seemed eager to answer our questions. The rest of the day was spent catching up on my blog and working on professional development. 

A typical Belize HS classroom

HS students eating lunch with an ocean view

No comments:

Post a Comment