Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 13 of Michelle in Belize--Packing Day!!

Ok, this is my last day in Belize and it has been a wonderful learning experience. I'm so proud of myself for coming out of my shell and traveling to another country, plus participating in all the excursions and activities. With that being said, I'm packed and ready to leave in the morning around 8:30 am Belize time. We should arrive in NC around 8:30 pm US time.

Today is a free day to explore and do things we might have missed. First, we went to see an artist that Kelly that had ordered a painting from. I wish I had taken a picture of his work, but I did not. After picking out what she wanted, we walked around the square and shopped for last minute items. We were tired of eating in restaurants, so we decided to eat from one of the street vendors. As with all the food in Belize, it was great. As we were walking around we saw another iguana just crawling by.
Grilled chicken, rice/beans, slaw and black beans

Lady that made a necklace that I bought and her family




After lunch and shopping, Kelly and I went to join the undergraduates at the beach. The beach and water are just amazing, and we stayed in the sun for at least an hour. We did not want to get too much sun and get have to travel home with a sunburn. The next part of our day consisted of cooling off in the pool and walking to a different part of the island to get a smoothie. Once we got to the smoothie shop we found out it was closed until 6:30, so we walk on a little way to get one of the famous cinnamon rolls. Unfortunately, we found the bakery closed as well. Needless to say it was not our day to get something sweet.



To end the night we ate fajitas at Ciliente's, the same restaurant we ate the first night on the island. It was a nice way to end our time in San Pedro.




No comments:

Post a Comment