Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 6 of Michelle in Belize

Today was a very relaxing, laid back day. I stayed in until about 10 am and then went to the commons areas to blog. After blogging I went to the beach with was only about 10 minutes away. I got some sun, not too much due to the intensity, and then went walking around the city. While laying out two kids came up trying to sell items their mom had made, and of course I had to buy an anklet. I also bought some fresh cashew nuts which were unbelievable. There are so many vendors that have gorgeous handmade items for sell; it was hard to make decisions. We found a great place that had homemade coconut ice cream which was extremely refreshing. After that I went in for a shower and a nap.


For dinner all the doc students and professors went to George's for stewed chicken, beans/rice, and potato salad. This is a traditional Belizean meal, and we had coconut pie for dessert. The discussion during dinner was great because some clarity was given about what to expect next week.

After dinner we walked back to the hotel, I caught up on my blogs and went in for the night. Please stay tuned for tomorrow's blog about our snorkeling excursion.

2 comments: